Sunday morning my family of three celebrated our first Mother's day. I am honored to take part in this special day. For the 9 months that I have been a mother I have grown immensely. I have come to understand that the Lord has entrusted to me one of his greatest possessions, an eternal soul. The Lord has blessed me with my sweet little bundle of joy and I have to see each day as an opportunity to help her see His love.
What an honor!
I have been reading Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp,
and I have been so blessed. I love reading this book because it gets straight to the point and gives a lot of scripture to back up the methods explained in the book. I have come to understand that I am the authority and shepherd of my child, as God's agent, based on His example, for His glory! I have found a practical portion
of the text that I use as my mission statement for parenting.
Obviously there is not much instruction going on yet, but the sweet cuddling and laughter that we share each day is one of the numerous ways to show her how her Heavenly Father loves her. Being a Mother is hard work, but I would have it no other way! My daughter is worth every sleep-deprived night, every early morning, every dirty diaper, every spit-up-stained shirt and so on!
On Mother's Day, Jesse woke up early with me and we went for a family walk. I have to mention that this is a very big sacrifice for my husband because he is not a morning person, but he woke up early for me and we had a fun, silly, sweet, chilly walk. ilovehim. We then had breakfast with his parents and were off to Church. The Church always holds a sweet service where the children hand out flowers to their mother's and it was so sweet to be involved with that tradition. Norah accidentally broke off the stem of my flower as she tried to eat it while handing it to me, but it was sweet, none the less. After church we had lunch with Jesse's parents, and I had to head off to work for a couple of hours. We then went to my good friends' wedding which was beautiful! We had a sweet day together as a family and I look forward to many more Mother's day celebrations!


awwww what a fun Mother's Day!! I didn't know you had a blog!!! I'm excited that I get to see what you and you sweet little family are up to!! Norah is soooooo cute!! Love you and miss you, Connie!! The pics on my blog brought back so many happy memories!
ReplyDelete